Trust. It’s something we hardly ever talk about in BBYO. Yet it impacts every aspect and level of the organization. Think for a moment about all of the places where trust comes into play:
- Chapters trust their board members to do their jobs
- Members trust other members to be kind and friendly (fraternal)
- Chapter leaders trust members to meet their commitments (planning events, doing jobs they commit to)
- Parents, members and staff trust advisors to keep members safe and to interpret policy wisely (a lot of trust that, when you think about it)
- Advisors trust the chapter (more on this in a moment), and trust regional staff/international to support them in their work.